Need insurance in Alberta?
Sit back, relax, and let’s get you insured
Get a Quote Online
Purchase your policy online 24/7.
Forward your policy from your inbox to your landlord, lawyer or mortgage broker.
We’re here from 9 – 5 CST (Sask).
Pay with credit or debit card annually or monthly.
Get insured now
Quickly, Easily, Online
WE STRIVE TO MAKE BUYING INSURANCE AS PAINLESS AS POSSIBLE.
At Mello Insurance, we want you to have the best insurance coverage at the best price available, and delivered in the most convenient way. We have 3 simple packages for you to choose from: “Practical, Popular and Premium.” When buying tenant or condo insurance, the best place to start understanding which package to choose from, is your belongings. When you look at all of your belongings and you add up what it would cost if you were to buy them all brand new today, that should be the amount of insurance you would want to purchase for your belongings. This is what us insurance people call “Replacement Cost Coverage.” Once you select your package you can easily increase that belongings amount if it does not reflect a high enough value. Mello Insurance also has simple options for adding high value bikes, jewelry, fine arts, etc. Home/Tenant/Renter insurance is not mandatory, however, there are many landlords or mortgage companies that will require you to have it on the day you move into your new place. It is still in your best interest to have insurance even if your landlord does not require you to have insurance or your mortgage is paid off.
When purchasing your home insurance, our platform uses collected data of your location to calculate the replacement cost value of your home. With that information, we can quote your home insurance to include “Guaranteed Replacement Cost” coverage. This coverage gives you peace of mind, knowing your home is fully covered, even if the cost to rebuild your home six months into the policy term, is higher than what you are currently insured for.
INSURANCE RISKS FOR HOMEOWNERS & RENTERS IN ALBERTA
- Severe weather: Alberta experiences a range of severe weather, including thunderstorms, hailstorms, and blizzards. These events can cause significant damage to homes, particularly in areas prone to flooding or high winds.
- Wildfires: Alberta is also prone to wildfires, which can cause widespread damage to homes and property. Smoke and ash can cause significant damage, even if the fire doesn’t directly affect the property.
- Water damage: Water damage can occur from many sources, including leaky pipes, burst pipes, and flooding. Even a small amount of water damage can quickly escalate into a major problem, leading to mold growth, structural damage, and costly repairs.
- Theft and vandalism: Homeowners in Alberta may face the risk of theft and vandalism, particularly in urban areas. Adequate insurance coverage can help protect against the financial losses associated with these risks.
- Liability: Homeowners can be held liable for injuries or damage that occur on their property. Liability coverage can protect homeowners from costly lawsuits and medical bills.
- Oil and gas industry: Alberta has a significant oil and gas industry, which can present unique insurance risks for homeowners living near these operations. These risks can include property damage, personal injury, and environmental damage.
WHY CHOOSE ALBERTA TO LIVE IN?
Alberta has some of the most scenic and attractive places to live in Canada. Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise and Waterton to name a few hot spots. They are also an economic power house when it comes to Oil, Gas and Agriculture. Fort McMurray, Grand Prairie, Slave Lake, Medicine Hat, Lethbridge are major centres for oil and gas employment and commercial business.
If you are looking for a more urban lifestyle, then Calgary, Red Deere or Edmonton are great cities to work and live in. With great schools, and great attractions like the Calgary Zoo, Calaway Park, West Edmonton Mall – which has an outstanding waterpark and much more. The Calgary Stampede is known worldwide and brings in tourists from all over the world. This event includes many exciting rodeo events and amazing country music stars to host the musical cabarets. Artists such as: Kip Moore, Brett Kissel, Lee Brice, Nelly, Emerson Drive and Snoop Dogg.
Living in Western Canada usually comes with a slower paced lifestyle, which is more laid back and relaxing than the hustle and bustle of more urban areas (Calgary, Edmonton excluded). Despite Alberta being an economical powerhouse, the people that make up the province are hardworking, down-to-earth, good neighbour type of people. They are patriotic to their province and their communities which brings a very real camaraderie into the area.