Need insurance in Alberta?
Sit back, relax, and let’s get you insured
Get a Quote Online
Purchase your policy online 24/7.
Forward your policy from your inbox to your landlord, lawyer or mortgage broker.
We’re here from 9 – 5 CST (Sask).
Pay with credit or debit card annually or monthly.
Get insured now
Quickly, Easily, Online
WE STRIVE TO MAKE BUYING INSURANCE AS PAINLESS AS POSSIBLE.
At Mello Insurance, we want you to have the best insurance coverage at the best price available, and delivered in the most convenient way. We have 3 simple packages for you to choose from: “Practical, Popular and Premium.” When buying tenant or condo insurance, the best place to start understanding which package to choose from, is your belongings. When you look at all of your belongings and you add up what it would cost if you were to buy them all brand new today, that should be the amount of insurance you would want to purchase for your belongings. This is what us insurance people call “Replacement Cost Coverage.” Once you select your package you can easily increase that belongings amount if it does not reflect a high enough value. Mello Insurance also has simple options for adding high value bikes, jewelry, fine arts, etc. Home/Tenant/Renter insurance is not mandatory, however, there are many landlords or mortgage companies that will require you to have it on the day you move into your new place. It is still in your best interest to have insurance even if your landlord does not require you to have insurance or your mortgage is paid off.
When purchasing your home insurance, our platform uses collected data of your location to calculate the replacement cost value of your home. With that information, we can quote your home insurance to include “Guaranteed Replacement Cost” coverage. This coverage gives you peace of mind, knowing your home is fully covered, even if the cost to rebuild your home six months into the policy term, is higher than what you are currently insured for. If you have questions on this, check out this video.
INSURANCE RISKS FOR HOMEOWNERS & RENTERS IN ALBERTA
- Fire – Fires are extremely easy to get started. The simplest thing, such as a cigarette or candle burning in your home can easily become a catastrophic loss. With the awfully dry summers in Alberta, grass fires can start in an instance and spread at a rapid pace.
- Sewer Back-Up – This is never a subject anyone wants to talk about. However, sewer back-ups happen more often than we would like to admit. Toilets get plugged and can make such a huge mess. With Mello Insurance, we automatically include Sewer Back-up in our packages.
- Flood – This is a deceiving peril, as you may not know you are in danger. Please check your sump pumps, ground water, drainage, elevation and slope to make sure you have every preventative measure in place to avoid this type of disaster. The recent floods in Fort McMurray and Calgary indicate how severe and how random this peril can be.
- Theft – Having your personal property stolen can be devastating and heartbreaking. Mello Insurance has you covered for theft of your property, ask us about how you can add your high-end jewellery to your policy.
- Liability – Accidents happen all over the world. Luckily your personal liability insurance follows you to the ends of the earth. Liability insurance will cover you if you are negligent and damage someone else’s property: such as the building you are renting – whether it’s a home, apartment or townhouse you are renting.
WHY CHOOSE ALBERTA TO LIVE IN?
Alberta has some of the most scenic and attractive places to live in Canada. Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise and Waterton to name a few hot spots. They are also an economic power house when it comes to Oil, Gas and Agriculture. Fort McMurray, Grand Prairie, Slave Lake, Medicine Hat, Lethbridge are major centres for oil and gas employment and commercial business.
If you are looking for a more urban lifestyle, then Calgary, Red Deere or Edmonton are great cities to work and live in. With great schools, and great attractions like the Calgary Zoo, Calaway Park, West Edmonton Mall – which has an outstanding waterpark and much more. The Calgary Stampede is known worldwide and brings in tourists from all over the world. This event includes many exciting rodeo events and amazing country music stars to host the musical cabarets. Artists such as: Kip Moore, Brett Kissel, Lee Brice, Nelly, Emerson Drive and Snoop Dogg.
Living in Western Canada usually comes with a slower paced lifestyle, which is more laid back and relaxing than the hustle and bustle of more urban areas (Calgary, Edmonton excluded). Despite Alberta being an economical powerhouse, the people that make up the province are hardworking, down-to-earth, good neighbour type of people. They are patriotic to their province and their communities which brings a very real camaraderie into the area.