Need insurance in British Columbia?
Sit back, relax, and let’s get you insured
Get a Quote Online
Purchase your policy online 24/7.
Forward your policy from your inbox to your landlord, lawyer or mortgage broker.
We’re here from 9 – 5 CST (Sask).
Pay with credit or debit card annually or monthly.
Get insured now
Quickly, Easily, Online
OUR GOAL IS TO MAKE BUYING INSURANCE AS SIMPLE AND CONVENIENT AS POSSIBLE.
At Mello Insurance, we want you to have the best insurance coverage at the best price available, and delivered in the most convenient way. We have 3 simple packages for you to choose from: “Practical, Popular and Premium.” When buying tenant or condo insurance, the best place to start understanding which package to choose from, is your belongings. When you look at all of your belongings and you add up what it would cost if you were to buy them all brand new today, that should be the amount of insurance you would want to purchase for your belongings. This is what us insurance people call “Replacement Cost Coverage.” Once you select your package you can easily increase that belongings amount if it does not reflect a high enough value. Mello Insurance also has simple options for adding high value bikes, jewelry, fine arts, etc. Home/Tenant/Renter insurance is not mandatory, however, there are many landlords or mortgage companies that will require you to have it on the day you move into your new place. It is still in your best interest to have insurance even if your landlord does not require you to have insurance or your mortgage is paid off.
When purchasing your home insurance, our platform uses collected data of your location to calculate the replacement cost value of your home. With that information, we can quote your home insurance to include “Guaranteed Replacement Cost” coverage. This coverage gives you peace of mind, knowing your home is fully covered, even if the cost to rebuild your home six months into the policy term, is higher than what you are currently insured for. If you have questions on this, check out this video.
INSURANCE RISKS FOR HOMEOWNERS & RENTERS IN BRITISH COLUMBIA
- Fire – Fires are extremely easy to get started. The simplest thing, such as a cigarette or candle burning in your home can easily become a catastrophic loss. With the frequent wildfires in BC, you need to make sure you have proper coverage in place as these fires can start in an instance and spread at a rapid pace.
- Sewer Back-Up – This is never a subject anyone wants to talk about. However, sewer back-ups happen more often than we would like to admit. Toilets get plugged and can make such a huge mess. With Mello Insurance, we automatically include Sewer Back-up in our packages.
- Flood – This is a deceiving peril, as you may not know you are in danger. Please check your sump pumps, ground water, drainage, elevation and slope to make sure you have every preventative measure in place to avoid this type of disaster.
- Theft – Having your personal property stolen can be devastating and heartbreaking. Mello Insurance has you covered for theft of your property, ask us about how you can add your high-end jewellery to your policy.
- Earthquake – This coverage is extremely important the closer you get to the coast. Make sure you are properly insured for this potential claim issue.
- Liability – Accidents happen all over the world. Luckily your personal liability insurance follows you to the ends of the earth. Liability insurance will cover you if you are negligent and damage someone else’s property: such as the building you are renting – whether it’s a home, apartment or townhouse you are renting.
WHY CHOOSE BRITISH COLUMBIA TO LIVE IN?
Canada’s pride and joy. British Columbia brings in people from all across the world. The Rocky Mountain range is like no other. Filled with some of the most scenic and eventful places to visit in the world. Ever heard of Whistler? It is only the biggest winter sports area in Canada hosting the Winter Olympics in 2010.
Yoho National Park is home to some of British Columbia’s most rugged and beautiful mountain terrain. With its snowcapped peaks, rivers, waterfalls and crystal-clear lakes, including the spectacular Lake O’Hara, this park draws in a large number of visitors during the summer months. Yoho also has incredible hiking trails giving you easy access to the stunning backcountry. Even a drive through the park offers enough exposure to appreciate the landscape. If you are visiting Yoho National Park, one of the main highlights to take in is the Takakkaw Falls, as it is one of the highest falls in North America.
You can also take a ferry ride from Vancouver to Vancouver Island. Vancouver Island is home to some amazing coastal scenery, mountains, lakes, as well as lovely small town communities and the provincial capital of Victoria. Coastal beaches provide year-round surfing, particularly near the popular tourist town of Tofino.
Going further inland, you can visit the amazing Okanagan Valley. The Okanagan is a lush, sunny valley filled with lakes, beaches, rolling mountains, and orchards. At the heart of the Okanagan is the long Okanagan Lake and on the eastern shore you’ll find the the city of Kelowna. Other popular towns in the area include Penticton, and Vernon. This valley is also known for its brilliant vineyards and winery’s. Make sure you take a tour while you are visiting to taste test some of the local wine.
The Okanagan has hot dry summers and mild winters which makes it a popular retirement destination and a summertime favourite for people across British Columbia and neighbours from the prairies. You’ll want to make sure you check out some of the great summertime activities including: houseboating, golfing, and spending time at the beach.