Need insurance in Ontario?
Sit back, relax, and let’s get you insured
Get a Quote Online
Purchase your policy online 24/7.
Forward your policy from your inbox to your landlord, lawyer or mortgage broker.
We’re here from 9 – 5 CST (Sask).
Pay with credit or debit card annually or monthly.
Get insured now
Quickly, Easily, Online
OUR GOAL IS TO MAKE BUYING INSURANCE AS SIMPLE AND CONVENIENT AS POSSIBLE.
At Mello Insurance, we want you to have the best insurance coverage at the best price available, and delivered in the most convenient way. We have 3 simple packages for you to choose from: “Practical, Popular and Premium.” When buying tenant or condo insurance, the best place to start understanding which package to choose from, is your belongings. When you look at all of your belongings and you add up what it would cost if you were to buy them all brand new today, that should be the amount of insurance you would want to purchase for your belongings. This is what us insurance people call “Replacement Cost Coverage.” Once you select your package you can easily increase that belongings amount if it does not reflect a high enough value. Mello Insurance also has simple options for adding high value bikes, jewelry, fine arts, etc. Home/Tenant/Renter insurance is not mandatory, however, there are many landlords or mortgage companies that will require you to have it on the day you move into your new place. It is still in your best interest to have insurance even if your landlord does not require you to have insurance or your mortgage is paid off.
When purchasing your home insurance, our platform uses collected data of your location to calculate the replacement cost value of your home. With that information, we can quote your home insurance to include “Guaranteed Replacement Cost” coverage. This coverage gives you peace of mind, knowing your home is fully covered, even if the cost to rebuild your home six months into the policy term, is higher than what you are currently insured for. If you have questions on this, check out this video.
INSURANCE RISKS FOR HOMEOWNERS & RENTERS IN ONTARIO
- Fire – Fires are extremely easy to get started. The simplest thing, such as a cigarette or candle burning in your home can easily become a catastrophic loss. With the potential of wildfires or fires deriving from electrical wiring, you need to make sure you have proper coverage in place as these fires can start in an instance and spread at a rapid pace.
- Sewer Back-Up – This is never a subject anyone wants to talk about. However, sewer back-ups happen more often than we would like to admit. Toilets get plugged and can make such a huge mess. With Mello Insurance, we automatically include Sewer Back-up in our packages.
- Flood – This is a deceiving peril, as you may not know you are in danger. Please check your sump pumps, ground water, drainage, elevation and slope to make sure you have every preventative measure in place to avoid this type of disaster.
- Theft – Having your personal property stolen can be devastating and heartbreaking. Mello Insurance has you covered for theft of your property, ask us about how you can add your high-end jewellery to your policy.
- Ice Storms – Ice storms and Windstorms have the potential to cause a lot of damage. As history has shown us.
- Liability – Accidents happen all over the world. Luckily your personal liability insurance follows you to the ends of the earth. Liability insurance will cover you if you are negligent and damage someone else’s property: such as the building you are renting – whether it’s a home, apartment or townhouse you are renting.
WHY CHOOSE ONTARIO TO LIVE IN?
Ontario, in many ways, is the centre of most activity in Canada. It has created a hub of economical, social and political opportunities. With its diverse economy – automobile, machinery & electrical parts (Chrysler, Ford & Honda); to mining and forestry, and form hydroelectric energy to small grain and fruit farming in Southern Ontario.
Ontario is melting pot of diverse culture. With over 28% of the people being foreign-born, it is the bedrock of cultural diversity in Canada. Today there are over 100 languages spoken in homes throughout the province.
The top-rated University of Toronto is ranked 18th in the world. Other notable universities include University of Ontario, University of Ottawa and Queen’s University.
By far, the most popular attraction in Ontario is the well-known Niagara Falls. With over 3,160 tons of water flowing over Niagara Falls every second! No wonder it attracts more than 8 million visitors every year.
Of course the sports attractions include the World Champion NBA team – Toronto Raptors. The MLB favourite – Toronto Blue Jays and the classic NHL team – Toronto Maple Leafs, which shouldn’t overshadow the Ottawa Senators. Yonge Street in Toronto is home of the amazing Hockey Hall of Fame. Make sure you stop in there to see the greatest to have ever played the game.
CFL has a prominent presence in Ontario with the Toronto Argonauts, Ottawa Redblacks and the Hamilton Tiger Cats.