Need insurance in Saskatoon?
Sit back, relax, and let’s get you insured
Get a Quote Online
Purchase your policy online 24/7.
Forward your policy from your inbox to your landlord, lawyer or mortgage broker.
We’re here from 9 – 5 CST (Sask).
Pay with credit or debit card annually or monthly.
Get insured now
Quickly, Easily, Online
How do we help with choosing the right insurance for you?
At Mello Insurance, we want you to have the best insurance protection at the best price, delivered the most convenient way. We have 3 convenient packages for you to choose from, Practical, Popular and Premium. The best place to start for knowing which package to choose is your belongings. When you look at all of your belongings and you were to add up what it would cost if you were to buy them all brand new today, that should be the amount of insurance you would want to purchase for your belongings. If this amount is not in one of our packages it is super easy to just increase that amount by either: a click of the mouse or the swipe of your finger on your phone. Mello Insurance also has simple options for adding high value bikes, jewelry, fine arts, etc. Home/Tenant/Renter insurance is not mandatory in Saskatchewan. Although there are many landlords or mortgage companies that require you to have it on the day you move into your new place. Even if your landlord does not require you to have insurance or your mortgage is paid off, it is still in your best interest to purchase it.
When purchasing your home insurance, our platform uses collected data of your location to calculate the replacement cost value of your home. With that information, we can quote your home insurance to include “Guaranteed Replacement Cost” coverage. This coverage gives you peace of mind, knowing your home is fully covered, even if the cost to rebuild your home six months into the policy term, is higher than what you are currently insured for. If you have questions on this, check out this video.
Insurance Risks for Homeowners & Renters in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
- Theft – Having your personal property stolen can be devastating and heartbreaking. Mello Insurance has you covered for theft of your property.
- Fire – Fires are extremely easy to get started. The simplest thing, such as a cigarette or candle burning in your home can easily become a catastrophic loss. With the awfully dry summers in Saskatoon, grass fires can start in an instance and spread at a rapid pace.
- Flood – This is a deceiving peril, as you may not know you are in danger. Please check your sump pumps, ground water, drainage, elevation and slope to make sure you have every preventative measure in place to avoid this type of disaster.
- Sewer Back-Up – This is never a subject anyone wants to talk about. However, sewer back-ups happen more often than we would like to admit. Toilets get plugged and can make such a huge mess. With Mello Insurance, we automatically include Sewer Back-up in our packages.
- Liability – Accidents happen all over the world. Luckily your personal liability insurance follows you to the ends of the earth. Liability insurance will cover you if you are negligent and damage someone else’s property: such as the building you are renting – whether it’s a home, apartment or townhouse you are renting.
Why choose Saskatoon to live in?
Saskatoon is quite commonly known as the city of bridges, and rightfully so. Saskatoon has 6 bridges that spread across the South Saskatchewan River. You may want to take a run, bike ride or even go rollerblading down the Meewasin Trail along the South Saskatchewan River. With a population of approximately 272,000, Saskatoon has various amenities with endless options of restaurants but still has the small town feel. Saskatoon is home to many elite sports teams. From the University of Saskatchewan Huskies, to the Saskatoon Hilltops to the hottest basketball team, the Saskatchewan Rattlers.
During the summer months in Saskatoon you can find yourself taking part in the countless festivals, including the Jazz Festival, Taste of Saskatchewan and of the course the Saskatoon Exhibition. Most of Saskatchewan residents live, eat, and breathe hockey, and Saskatoon is no different. The Saskatoon Blades play their home games at the Sasktel Centre Arena, many hockey clubs attend the games and enjoy every minute of it. Have you seen the new Gordie Howe Sports Complex? It is named after the legendary hockey player, Gordie Howe, better known as Mr Hockey. Some of the highlights of this astonishing facility are the baseball fields, speed skating oval, football fields and the Nordic Ski Park.