Need insurance in Winnipeg?
Sit back, relax, and let’s get you insured
Get a Quote Online
Purchase your policy online 24/7.
Forward your policy from your inbox to your landlord, lawyer or mortgage broker.
We’re here from 9 – 5 CST (Sask).
Pay with credit or debit card annually or monthly.
Get insured now
Quickly, Easily, Online
OUR HOPE IS TO MAKE BUYING INSURANCE SIMPLE AND CONVENIENT.
At Mello Insurance, we want you to have the best insurance coverage at the best price available, and delivered in the most convenient way. We have 3 simple packages for you to choose from: “Practical, Popular and Premium.” When buying tenant or condo insurance, the best place to start understanding which package to choose from, is your belongings. When you look at all of your belongings and you add up what it would cost if you were to buy them all brand new today, that should be the amount of insurance you would want to purchase for your belongings. This is what us insurance people call “Replacement Cost Coverage.” Once you select your package you can easily increase that belongings amount if it does not reflect a high enough value. Mello Insurance also has simple options for adding high value bikes, jewelry, fine arts, etc. Home/Tenant/Renter insurance is not mandatory, however, there are many landlords or mortgage companies that will require you to have it on the day you move into your new place. It is still in your best interest to have insurance even if your landlord does not require you to have insurance or your mortgage is paid off.
When purchasing your home insurance, our platform uses collected data of your location to calculate the replacement cost value of your home. With that information, we can quote your home insurance to include “Guaranteed Replacement Cost” coverage. This coverage gives you peace of mind, knowing your home is fully covered, even if the cost to rebuild your home six months into the policy term, is higher than what you are currently insured for.
INSURANCE RISKS FOR HOMEOWNERS & RENTERS IN MANITOBA
- Fire – Fires are extremely easy to get started. The simplest thing, such as a cigarette or candle burning in your home can easily become a catastrophic loss. With the dry summers in Manitoba, grass fires can start in an instance and spread at a rapid pace.
- Sewer Back-Up – This is never a subject anyone wants to talk about. However, sewer back-ups happen more often than we would like to admit. Toilets get plugged and can make such a huge mess. With Mello Insurance, we automatically include Sewer Back-up in our packages.
- Flood – This is a deceiving peril, as you may not know you are in danger. Please check your sump pumps, ground water, drainage, elevation and slope to make sure you have every preventative measure in place to avoid this type of disaster. The recent floods in Lloydminster and Calgary indicate how severe and how random this peril can be.
- Theft – Having your personal property stolen can be devastating and heartbreaking. Mello Insurance has you covered for theft of your property, ask us about how you can add your high-end jewellery to your policy.
- Liability – Accidents happen all over the world. Luckily your personal liability insurance follows you to the ends of the earth. Liability insurance will cover you if you are negligent and damage someone else’s property: such as the building you are renting – whether it’s a home, apartment or townhouse you are renting.
WHY CHOOSE WINNIPEG TO LIVE IN?
Manitoba, if you can believe it, is even flatter than Saskatchewan. That being said, similar to Saskatchewan, the skies are filled with beautiful sunrises, sunsets and northern lights.
Only one hour from Winnipeg, you can go visit the Grand Beach Provincial Park which encompasses a huge soft sand beach on the shore of Lake Winnipeg. One of the nicest beaches in Canada, it is a hot spot for sun seekers and campers looking to get away from the city during the hot summer months.
If you are looking for activities to do in Manitoba, some of the biggest tourist attractions in Manitoba include: The Forks Market and the Johnston Terminal Building. They are restored buildings offering a lovely market area and intriguing shops, restaurants and food stalls. Check out one the patios that overlook the riverwalk that runs along the river. You should also check out the newest major attraction: The Canadian Museum of Human Rights. Located in Winnipeg, this unique structure contains permanent exhibits offering a look at the subject of human rights as it pertains to Canada and around the world.
There are so many beautiful sites to see in Manitoba. Riding Mountain National Park, Clear Lake, Fort Garry and the list goes on. Winnipeg is also the home of the Winnipeg Jets. One of Canada’s great NHL teams. Check out one of their home games at the Bell MTS Place.
The Winnipeg Blue Bombers are the rivals for the Saskatchewan Roughriders. They compete in the Labour Day Classic and the Banjo Bowl almost every year. These games are physical and competitive, make sure you attend one of these hard fought games on the gridiron.
The Manitoba economy is largely based on natural resources. Similarly to their prairie neighbours, agriculture is prominent in the south and western parts of the province. Other major industries in Manitoba are transportation, manufacturing, mining, forestry and energy. In Winnipeg specifically, it has one of the country’s most diversified economies. Trade, Manufacturing, Education, Health Care and Social Assistance to name a few.