Need insurance in Yorkton?
Sit back, relax, and let’s get you insured
Get a Quote Online
Purchase your policy online 24/7.
Forward your policy from your inbox to your landlord, lawyer or mortgage broker.
We’re here from 9 – 5 CST (Sask).
Pay with credit or debit card annually or monthly.
Get insured now
Quickly, Easily, Online
HOW DO WE HELP WITH CHOOSING THE RIGHT INSURANCE FOR YOU?
At Mello Insurance, we want you to have the best insurance protection at the best price, delivered the most convenient way. We have 3 convenient packages for you to choose from, Practical, Popular and Premium. When buying tenant or condo insurance, the best place to start understanding which package to choose is your belongings. When you look at all of your belongings and you were to add up what it would cost if you were to buy them all brand new today, that should be the amount of insurance you would want to purchase for your belongings. If this amount is not in one of our packages it is super easy to just increase that amount by either: a click of the mouse or the swipe of your finger on your phone. Mello Insurance also has simple options for adding high value bikes, jewelry, fine arts, etc. Home/Tenant/Renter insurance is not mandatory in Saskatchewan. Although there are many landlords or mortgage companies that require you to have it on the day you move into your new place. Even if your landlord does not require you to have insurance or your mortgage is paid off, it is still in your best interest to purchase it.
When purchasing your home insurance, our platform uses collected data of your location to calculate the replacement cost value of your home. With that information, we can quote your home insurance to include “Guaranteed Replacement Cost” coverage. This coverage gives you peace of mind, knowing your home is fully covered, even if the cost to rebuild your home six months into the policy term, is higher than what you are currently insured for. If you have questions on this, check out this video.
INSURANCE RISKS FOR HOMEOWNERS & RENTERS IN NORTH BATTLEFORD, SASKATCHEWAN
- Fire – Fires are extremely easy to get started. The simplest thing, such as a cigarette or candle burning in your home can easily become a catastrophic loss. With the awfully dry summers in Yorkton, grass fires can start in an instance and spread at a rapid pace.
- Sewer Back-Up – This is never a subject anyone wants to talk about. However, sewer back-ups happen more often than we would like to admit. Toilets get plugged and can make such a huge mess. With Mello Insurance, we automatically include Sewer Back-up in our packages.
- Flood – This is a deceiving peril, as you may not know you are in danger. Please check your sump pumps, ground water, drainage, elevation and slope to make sure you have every preventative measure in place to avoid this type of disaster.
- Theft – Having your personal property stolen can be devastating and heartbreaking. Mello Insurance has you covered for theft of your property, ask us about how you can add your high-end jewellery to your policy.
- Liability – Accidents happen all over the world. Luckily your personal liability insurance follows you to the ends of the earth. Liability insurance will cover you if you are negligent and damage someone else’s property: such as the building you are renting – whether it’s a home, apartment or townhouse you are renting.
WHY CHOOSE YORKTON TO LIVE IN?
Yorkton, Saskatchewan is approximately 3 ½ hours southeast of Saskatoon. Yorkton is a thriving city with countless amount of opportunities for its residents. Yorkton has two canola oil crushing plants plus grain and meat processing plants, these industries have over 500 employees. Almost everyone loves shopping and in Yorkton, there is no shortage of shopping opportunities with three major shopping malls, six retail box stores and several retail stores. The Gallagher Centre is a recreational multiplex that has something for everyone to enjoy. Right in the heart of Yorkton there are many pedestrian/bicycle pathways for you to take in the outdoors. Families of Yorkton and surrounding areas spend many hot summer days at the Weinmaster Park, and rightfully so it has an amazing waterpark and play structure. The Painted Hand Casino is a great place to visit for hours of fun. The Painted Hand Casino has iconic statues beautifully placed at the front entrance. If you are a history buff or just up for a great time, The Western Development Museum in Yorkton is full of incredible exhibits and various activities for all ages. If you would like to taste freshly brewed beer, you may want to take the time to visit The Back Forty Brewery in Yorkton. The Back Forty Brewery opened in February 2017 and has been going strong ever since.