Need insurance in Saskatchewan?
Sit back, relax, and let’s get you insured
Get a Quote Online
Purchase your policy online 24/7.
Forward your policy from your inbox to your landlord, lawyer or mortgage broker.
We’re here from 9 – 5 CST (Sask).
Pay with credit or debit card annually or monthly.
Get insured now
Quickly, Easily, Online
WE STRIVE TO MAKE BUYING INSURANCE AS PAIN FREE AS POSSIBLE.
At Mello Insurance, we want you to have the best insurance coverage at the best price available, and delivered in the most convenient way. We have 3 simple packages for you to choose from: “Practical, Popular and Premium.” When buying tenant or condo insurance, the best place to start understanding which package to choose from, is your belongings. When you look at all of your belongings and you add up what it would cost if you were to buy them all brand new today, that should be the amount of insurance you would want to purchase for your belongings. This is what us insurance people call “Replacement Cost Coverage.” Once you select your package you can easily increase that belongings amount if it does not reflect a high enough value. Mello Insurance also has simple options for adding high value bikes, jewelry, fine arts, etc. Home/Tenant/Renter insurance is not mandatory, however, there are many landlords or mortgage companies that will require you to have it on the day you move into your new place. It is still in your best interest to have insurance even if your landlord does not require you to have insurance or your mortgage is paid off.
When purchasing your home insurance, our platform uses collected data of your location to calculate the replacement cost value of your home. With that information, we can quote your home insurance to include “Guaranteed Replacement Cost” coverage. This coverage gives you peace of mind, knowing your home is fully covered, even if the cost to rebuild your home six months into the policy term, is higher than what you are currently insured for. If you have questions on this, check out this video.
INSURANCE RISKS FOR HOMEOWNERS & RENTERS IN SASKATCHEWAN
- Fire – Fires are extremely easy to get started. The simplest thing, such as a cigarette or candle burning in your home can easily become a catastrophic loss. With the dry summers in Saskatchewan, grass fires can start in an instance and spread at a rapid pace.
- Sewer Back-Up – This is never a subject anyone wants to talk about. However, sewer back-ups happen more often than we would like to admit. Toilets get plugged and can make such a huge mess. With Mello Insurance, we automatically include Sewer Back-up in our packages.
- Flood – This is a deceiving peril, as you may not know you are in danger. Please check your sump pumps, ground water, drainage, elevation and slope to make sure you have every preventative measure in place to avoid this type of disaster. The recent floods in Lloydminster and Calgary indicate how severe and how random this peril can be.
- Theft – Having your personal property stolen can be devastating and heartbreaking. Mello Insurance has you covered for theft of your property, ask us about how you can add your high-end jewellery to your policy.
- Liability – Accidents happen all over the world. Luckily your personal liability insurance follows you to the ends of the earth. Liability insurance will cover you if you are negligent and damage someone else’s property: such as the building you are renting – whether it’s a home, apartment or townhouse you are renting.
WHY CHOOSE SASKATCHEWAN TO LIVE IN?
Saskatchewan is FLAT. Everyone knows it. The standing joke is that when your dog runs away, you can see it running for 3 days! However, because of this, we enjoy the most amazing skylines. Saskatchewan is known for its trademarked “Living Skies.” Between the stars, northern lights, sunrises and sunsets every day is a constant spectacle.
If you are looking for more of an urban lifestyle, then Saskatoon or Regina are great cities to work and live in. The University of Saskatchewan is known for being one of the greatest University’s in the country. Along with the great education the athletics programs produce some of the greatest athletes around.
Saskatchewan produces some of the largest exports in our country. When it comes to Agriculture (including grain, beef, dairy or chicken), Oil, Uranium or Potash, Saskatchewan has a well-balanced and diverse economy. These industries bring hard working people from all over the province, country and world to work in these sectors. These work environments create an amazing community and culture in the area for people’s families. Saskatchewan is a great place to work and raise a family.